The Entrepreneur Work Visa is designed to attract entrepreneurs to New Zealand for the betterment of New Zealand businesses. The process involved under this category is:
The first step is to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) under the Entrepreneur work visa category. Within this application, points are claimed for age, business experience, benefit to New Zealand, capital investment, and location. For an application to be successful, the applicants must be able to claim at least 120 points and invest a minimum of NZ$100,000 plus working capital (higher the initial investment, the higher the chances of being selected).
Should the applicant’s EOI be approved, INZ will then invite them to apply for an Entrepreneur Work Visa for which the applicant will be required to provide a business plan. Once their visa has been approved, they must establish their proposed business within 12 months and operate the business successfully for at least 2 years. If the applicant meets the requirements they can include their partner and children in the application.
After successfully running a business in New Zealand for 2 years, applicants may then seek residence under this category. Applicants are able to fast-track a residence application if; they have been successfully operating the business for 6 months, made a capital investment of at least $500,000, and created at least 3 jobs for New Zealand citizens or residents.
- Assessment of your eligibility
- Assistance in finding the ideal New Zealand business that meets your requirements
- Comprehensive business plan for business of choice, ensuring that it meets the required level of analysis for INZ. This can include but is not limited to; industry assessment, financial analysis, ownership and employee structures, benefits to NZ, marketing strategies, SWOT analysis
- Access to our network of professional agencies to ensure the elements of the business visa process are as streamlined as possible
- Communicating with Immigration New Zealand for all aspects of your business visa application until the decision is reached